News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Return of Reckoning (Warhammer online!)

Skywise

A few of us have come across the Return of Reckoning server for the only game War hammer online.   It has been a pleasant surprise find for us.   The server runs very well and the population is very alive and well, with a dev team working to improve on the old game.  If anyone is interested come join us!  it has been a blast so far!!   

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Guild has been made and we are on destro side,  hope to see some more people join us.   If more interest is generated we will make this an official active chapter.    :drinks:

• CotP Sentinel

Whoa that is some old school gaming... The game we hoped would be the successor to Dark Age of Camelot... Not so much, but hey it was a decent game for its time!  I may spin it up once I finish off Shadow of Mordor.

I remember dabbling in this game for a bit after DAoC...  I remember a dual pistol character for some reason, witch hunter, something like that?

I think we even got some decent recruits from that chapter, Xugrel comes to mind, but I could be wrong there too, time plays tricks on the mind :P

• CotP Sentinel
    On 4/25/2018 at 7:47 AM, GohanF22 said:

I thought this game was taken offline after a year or two it was online?

Officially, it came out in September 2008 and was closed down in December 2013.  Long story short, the license agreement with Games Workshop was done and the game was not successful enough to warrant keeping the servers open.

What the guys are talking about in this thread is a privately run server... Similar to the Star Wars Galaxies Emulator / SWG Legends.

I was a bit confused for a second. LOL my husband and I both warhammer the tabletop version. I never even knew they made an online version of it. I know there have been several computer games made on the Warhammer premise just didn't realize there had been an online version. I wish I had heard about it. I am sure I would have tried it since I have tried just about every other online game there is to be tried. 

• Administrators

Skywise,

We need some screenshots so that we can create an article to generate some interest for the game.  We had over 50 members playing it when it released.  It was a fun game,  but DFO came out and pulled most of the members.  I am sure there are a bunch who would enjoy playing the game again.