News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Beta 1 Starting

Nanulak

After final testing today.. the word is beta 1 starts tomorrow, July 31, 2018 at noon eastern time..

Countdown timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180731T12&p0=263&font=cursive&csz=1

Countdown

This is a old school beta to test many basics of the game.  Beta 1 is expected to last 9-12 months.

Edited by Nanulak

• 2 months later...

Every week a testing schedule is posted as to that weeks tests and usually a writeup on what the testers should test.  Most tests are during the day with a few extending into the late afternoon/evening.  Weekend tests are on hold at the moment.  The best place to keep up on the continuously changing schedule is the forums and CSE's Discord. 

A perfect example was today, when testing was over by the time I got online.

• CotP Guardian

Typically beta comes after alpha and one with alpha should have all of the testing phases... Have you checked the testing schedule and tried to log in to make sure?  😛

Cheers

Grim

• Like 1

Nothing to really "tryout" yet. they are maintaining awesome momentum though and every month the game jumps leaps and bounds. They are currently about to add in actual classes and abilities so it might be a good time to try out "soon"

Just a note to all interested in entering beta or upgrading.  The game is still over a year out from launch.  I would suggest waiting until at least Beta 2, estimated spring 2019, before people upgrade just to be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 10/5/2018 at 3:43 PM, Nanulak said:

Just a note to all interested in entering beta or upgrading.  The game is still over a year out from launch.  I would suggest waiting until at least Beta 2, estimated spring 2019, before people upgrade just to be disappointed.

I finally got to play and was so disappointed I logged out within 10 mins, so I agree man with the wait.  

The game might not be for me anyhow as I did not realize it was a click a button wait for cool down kind of game, had to fire my bow by hitting the 1 button, boo

Also kind of early to judge anything else but I will say I hope all the art assess are just place holders and the engine has an upgrade path as the game felt like it was 10 years old already.

I know sorry, Bak the bringer of rainbows and unicorns :) 

• CotP Guardian
    1 hour ago, Bakath said:

I finally got to play and was so disappointed I logged out within 10 mins, so I agree man with the wait.  

The game might not be for me anyhow as I did not realize it was a click a button wait for cool down kind of game, had to fire my bow by hitting the 1 button, boo

Also kind of early to judge anything else but I will say I hope all the art assess are just place holders and the engine has an upgrade path as the game felt like it was 10 years old already.

You forgot, the deserter of Fortnite: Save the World and other great games... :D

Cheers

Grim

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bakath said:

Until they finish converting the UI to the new Coherent version as well as the new 64 bit client,  not much is changing in game.   We plod on... slowly.   Ability builder it turned off, building constructing is still mostly where it was a year ago etc.   Check back next year, :(   We will still be in beta 1 deep into next year, my opinion.    Not until they actually lift the NDA on video streaming will it be decent enough to try.