News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Anyone active?

Wiluvan

• Administrators

We have some who actively play the game.  Some members like me periodically log on to see how far the game has progressed, while others are simply waiting for the game to release.  

• 4 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

We have a bigger group that wants to play. I just think everyone is slightly MIA due to how long its been. But we can plan something and see if we can get a resurgence of players and see how the game is doing.

• Administrators

We had over 60 people join the SC organization and we were projected to hit the ground running with over 100 active users, but that was six ago.  We had a list of users and ships, but I think that thread was lost when we moved the SC forum.  We actually have or had a handful of members who own the Idris.  

Six years is a long time to keep excited about a game.  A lot was promised.  

Any updates on the game?  

• 7 months later...
    • Administrators
    13 hours ago, Kuvasz said:

I've come to believe that SC is just a long running scam.😒

I agree.  They will probably release the game, but it won't be anything close to what they promised.  Why finish a game, when you can make a lot of money just selling virtual ships?   

Originally, we had a large group of people excited about the game, but that was years ago.  While it goes against reason, I still cling to the hope that the game will playable and fun when it releases.

• 1 year later...

I fell the same, all what they promised is still in progress, and you can only play on lag servers.

You can fly, but they focus more on selling then think to make the game finish.

• CotP Guardian

The ships will require months of cleaning and maintenance, just to get them into space, lol... :)

• 1 month later...

Personally, I don't think they ever intend on "finishing" the game. They are making money selling ships and such. 5 years ago I felt this was just a scam. They have pulled in way more money than they would need to make this a very substantial game.

Edited by Kuvasz

It is actually a flight simulator built to train Space Force cadets.  

As good capitalists they are rankling in dough from citizens before they cash in with the DOD and be "forced" to close down the civi version.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
    On 6/28/2021 at 4:17 AM, Nanulak said:

It is actually a flight simulator built to train Space Force cadets.  

As good capitalists they are rankling in dough from citizens before they cash in with the DOD and be "forced" to close down the civi version.

So, it's like Ender's Game or Starfighter?   Yes, that makes sense now.  

Starfighter story plot:

After finally achieving the high score on Starfighter, his favorite arcade game, everyday teenager Alex Rogan  meets the game's designer, Centauri  -- who reveals that he created Starfighter as a training ground for developing and recruiting actual pilots to help fight a war in space. Whisked away from the banality of his trailer park life to a distant alien planet, Alex struggles to use his video game-playing skills to pilot a real ship, with real lives at stake.