News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Scheduled Group Activities

Oort

Although there's a core group that's on several afternoons and evenings a week that occasionally runs content together (or sometimes just hangs out on Discord), for those chasing the Challenge of Valor and on the Freeplay leg, my experience is either do it on Easy to blow through it or on Hard to keep it a tiny bit interesting, or go GM1 and either find the other random people or spend a lot of time hiding to recover.

I'm hoping we can go with another option:  Scheduling some Freeplay activities.  I think there are several people at the necessary level and gearscore for GM1.  Quickplay and Strongholds are straightforward as people are all grouped up.  But Freeplay isn't like that unless you go in with a pre-made.

I'd like to do GM1 Freeplay to keep it interesting and have a better chance at better loot.  If we're coordinated enough and up for it, I'd like to try GM2, also.

Please reply to this thread with when (days, hours) are best for you.  Maybe we can find enough in common to schedule stuff.

Mondays and Wednesdays, 9pm to 11pm ET are best for me.  Maybe Sundays.  But I have some flexibility as long as I don't gain wife aggro.

Evenings are generally wife time, but a couple of scheduled nights can work.  Other nights if I'm on, I'm on.

Edited by Oort

Sorry for being anti-social.  I really need to set up Discord.

It's hard for me to commit to any grouping times, but I'm game for GM2 whenever I'm on.

I found that once I was able to put together a decent Interceptor build, GM2 wasn't really that bad.  Moving constantly keeps me surprisingly safe, and melee kills self-heal.  I can solo GM2 freeplay pretty well, only dying occasionally when I mess up.

I tend to struggle on my Ranger in GM2, even at a very high gear score.  Haven't tried it with a Storm or Colossus.

You really should go ahead and get Discord.  In-game voice is an option but, at least for me, the social side of things is important, plus if we get folks good at working with each other in GM2, that paves the way to trying GM3 (for the challenge).

I found GM2 difficult on Colossus.  But that could be my playstyle more than anything else (run into a pile and beat it up, which doesn't work so well when they beat you up faster).  GM2 quickplay wasn't so bad (though lack of group cohesion/coordination left a mark).  GM2 strongholds were rough.

I'll have to experiment with Interceptor more.  All the suits are now 660+ (except in gear-grinding +Luck builds), so it's mostly about getting better skill-wise and hunting for drops with synergistic inscriptions.

Colossus, I'm currently going for a simple +Damage build, often sporting dual autocannons.  I think Interceptor will go with +Ultimate Speed and +Ultimate Damage, once I have enough parts for it.

Evenings work well for me. Monday and Wednesday for sure because the gf works. I'm usually on in the evenings anyways anyways, either in Anthem, Rust, or SWTOR. Not always in Discord because I've gotten used to other plugs, but around.

Until there's a way to communicate in game, if only to say, "are you ready to group?", discord may be necessary.

EDIT:  Though I guess sending an invite might be enough.

Edited by Oort