News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Joni "Leah" Bubluski

I am reading on Facebook that our dear friend Leah has passed.  Her son writes on FB a few hours ago:

"11:30am today my mother, Joni Bubluski passed away under hospice care while in her sleep. Funeral details to follow.

She survived 2 1/2 years with stage 4 lung cancer, which is a bit longer than expected."

• Like 1
    • CotP Guardian

I am truly saddened by this, I had been thinking about her on a regular basis, hoping for remission... She was a true warrior and fought until the end.

Our community is less, in her passing. She will be greatly missed.

She was the rock of sanity among a sea of strong opinionated people, myself included.

I believe that she is in a better place now, no longer having to struggle with  this daemon that had been dogging her for so many years.

I pray for her son, who has now lost both parents and wish him peace.

I am honored to have called her my friend!

Cheers

Grim

• Like 2

Well said Grim. 🙁

We have known for a while she was fighting that stupid cancer. Every post her son put with her, they were smiling and having a great time. It's been an honor to share time with someone that cares so much for others. 

I am honored to have called her my friend too!

I'll have a toast in her honor. 🙋‍♂️

Monty

• Like 1

My fondest memory of her is still hunting around on the DAoC frontier.  She was utterly fearless, going everywhere.

In her memory, I've made a ranger in guild wars 2 named "Leah Kelle" so her name is still in the game she and I played for so long.

-Jeff

• Like 1
    • 3 weeks later...
    • CotP Guardian

As long as we keep our friends in our memories and thoughts, are they really gone?

I'd like to think that they are all still with us, even as they pass to the other side, to continue their journeys.

Grim...

• 4 weeks later...
    • CotP Sentinel

I don't know how I missed this post... I'm clearly behind on my news, as I was not friends with her on Facebook.  I've known Leah for the better part of a decade, and it is truly sad to have lost her from our community. 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't logged in a long time and see this post, and have to say Leah was a great person, shes the first person to yell at me when i screwed up and kicked me on a path of not always being a dummy. She was a great person and will be missed.

I just started frequenting the forums again after a long time, and just noticed this now. This is really sad news. Leah was always fun to chat with in GW2. CotP has lost a great soul. My condolences to her family and friends. :(

• 3 months later...
    • 1 year later...

wow, I just see this, I played so many games with her. She was a great comrade. I remember clearly her voice and the fun times we had together. Sincere condolences.

I'm always very sad hearing these news, we already lost so many good friends.

My memory is bit fuzzy, was her character Audria in AC/DT ?

• Upvote 1
    • Administrators
    On 4/18/2021 at 11:26 AM, kaobang said:

wow, I just see this, I played so many games with her. She was a great comrade. I remember clearly her voice and the fun times we had together. Sincere condolences.

I'm always very sad hearing these news, we already lost so many good friends.

My memory is bit fuzzy, was her character Audria in AC/DT ?

Audria's name is Carol and she was one of Ceraphim's (Throne) vassals in AC.  She was also very active in SWG and helped me a lot when I joined the guild.  Joni (Leah) joined us years later in GW, I think.  I have fond memories of both women.  Carol is still with us.

• 1 month later...

I didn't know Leah for long but for the time I did was a great time where I could always call her my friend.  She was a great teacher and an even better friend that you could talk to.  She will be missed.  RIP Leah.