News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • My First Week in WoW Classic

• CotP Guardian

I really hesitated at re-subbing into WoW Classic, after playing since beta and the retail version just not doing it for me...

But then I had an epiphany. :)

I really needed this, for WoW to be re-released in the classic form...
    I realized that I had lost interest in WoW retail a while ago, it is just missing the feel of adventure and more than that, friendly people that you meet... I have already met so many really nice folks, where in retail that, to me, is missing.

I am truly having a blast, adventuring around the world and going alt bananas again. hehe.

It almost feels like, something that was missing, has been restored. :)

I really hope that they will continue to develop this version and not make is the same as it is in retail...

Cheers

Grim

• Thanks 1

Classic Content Plan

Phase 1 (Classic Launch)

• Molten Core
    • Onyxia
    • Maraudon

Phase 2

• Dire Maul
    • Azuregos
    • Kazzak

Phase 3

• Blackwing Lair
    • Darkmoon Faire
    • Darkmoon deck drops begin

Phase 4

• Zul’Gurub
    • Green Dragons

Phase 5

• Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins
    • Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates
    • Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes

Phase 6

• Naxxramas
    • Scourge Invasion

V

• Thanks 1

I've been enjoying Classic WOW too. Been thinking why is that?

Chat is generally friendly and helpful. People selling stuff. People asking for help. People LFG, etc.  Early on in Elwyn Forest there is this quest to kill Hogger, an elite mob. It seems impossible to do this solo. Well, for me it was. But I saw someone in chat LFG for this, so I teamed up. We got him. Mission accomplished! Later on, I'd see other positing LFG to do this. So, being nearby, I'd help out. 

Contrast that to the last time I played retail. This was when BFA just came out. I decided to try out a brand new level 1 character and progress through zones I've not yet done so. Quite a bit of my time doing that was solo. When I got to do dungeons, I did many of those. But used the Dungeon Queue function. Where it made it easy, and automated, to group up and be instantly teleported to any dungeon. You didn't have to really interact with the other players to be successful in your dungeon run.

I think the Classic servers restrict you to playing only with other players on a given server. Compared to Retail, you can play with just about anyone from any server. So I feel that I can have a reputation on Pagle with how I play my character. Am I a jerk in chat? Am I a good Priest? Do I make those cool Linen 6 Bags?

I think all those things are helping make the game more social. You have to work with others to achieve your goals. 

My 2 coppers. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.