Our Ark server is now up for the new Ark: Extinction expansion! Contact me via PM for connection details (COTP members only).
Map: Extinction (new expansion map)
Server Settings: Player XP = 1, Harvest Multiplier = x1, Difficulty Setting = 1 (max wild dino = lvl 120), Taming Multiplier = x10 , and Increased baby Maturation Rate & sped up Mating Timers. The taming / baby modifiers are simply due to time - we don't always have time to sit and watch a dino passively tame for 3 hours.
In regards to Mods, what we use tends to fluctuate each time we restart the server. However, the core mods we use are almost always the same 6:
- Ark Advance Lite (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1557869169) = We've used Ark Advance 10 in the past, but it just too huge (1GB+). It was bloated with a ton of items and buildings we never used, and it was a pain to update. Ark Advance Lite is much more streamlined, and only 200MB. It basically just adds some quality of life improvements to the game, such as better tranq darts and some electrical appliances that are not as bulky or restrictive as the vanilla versions.
- Structures Plus (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731604991) = This mod adds a large number of items and structures to the game. While many parts of this mod were added to the vanilla game as "official mod content", having the full mod installed enables their entire array of new content.
- Classic Flyers (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895711211) = This mod allows you to add levels to your flying dinos' speed stat (like it was pre-nerf on the Official game).
- Infinite Flare Gun (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537753733) = Exactly what it says... While somewhat expensive to craft, it has unlimited uses. We use it on our server for coordinating groups and showing people important locations.
- Dino Pick Up Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870709781) = Not everyone utilizes this mod, but it basically allows you to bring larger dinos into smaller caves and whatnot. Crafting this item allows you to temporarily put any dino on your shoulder.
- Kaetokid's Stack Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1257667367) = Increases the maximum stack # of resources. i.e. a "stack" of stone is 500 instead of 100.
For this incarnation of our server, we are also using:
- Super Spyglass (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793605978) = Better version of the vanilla spyglass, so it has additional stats that are not otherwise shown.
- Fister's All Fog Remover (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1148802682) = As you would expect, this removes the fog effect in-game. Some of our players were having graphical / performance issues on certain servers with heavy fog. I don't know if they have fixed that issue on Extinction, but we are including this tiny mod just in case it is needed.
There are no results to show in this activity stream yet