News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Dragonskin Maps / Aquapolis

In our last FC meeting we discussed future events. I brought up maps and a suggestion was made that Wednesday would probably be the best available day to do that. What I'm aiming for is to do a regularly occurring 'Maps Wednesdays'. The timeframe I'd like to plan for is a 2 hour window between 8pm-10pm EST. The date I would like for this to begin happening is Nov 23rd and every Wednesday thereafter, unless we have to squeeze in a one-time event somewhere and only Wednesday is available. (If it ends up not being feasible to start next Wednesday due to the holiday - travel, family visiting, etc - then we can push to begin the following Wednesday)

This event will be open to everyone with at least 1 level 60 and Aquapolis itself has an ilvl180 requirement. There will be no set group for it and it will be open to anyone who wishes to jump in at any time during the 2 hour window. I would like to start promptly at 8pm. We can clear rooms in Aquapolis with as few as three people (healer, dps, tank). If we get enough people to jump in at any one time where we would have more than 8 people, then we will split into 2 even groups and someone can take the lead on the second group.

The content inside Aquapolis is not difficult and members are encouraged to use any class they feel comfortable with that meets the ilvl requirement.

Concerning the procurement of maps, I only ask that everyone who wishes to jump in on the event provide their own map. The map you will be looking for is the Dragonskin Treasure Map. They can be gathered from level 60 normal nodes and, if you don't have a gatherer, may be purchased from the market board. In the event there is anyone who does not have a gatherer and is truly unable to purchase a map, I can provide maps on a limited basis as I gather one every day and store them on retainers for future use. Keep in mind only 1 map can be stored on a retainer at a time so this lends to my limited availability for handout maps.

Anyone else is welcome to come join even if you don't intend to get a map from one of the above mentioned sources, however you will not be able to roll on any drops within Aquapolis. Consider the map your entry fee. If you aren't using a map, then you aren't adding to the chance to spawn a portal to Aquapolis to get to the loot.

On to the subject of loot and rolling. I have seen Aquapolis done 2 different ways:

First way: If it's your map, only you can roll need on the loot, both outside and inside Aquapolis. All others roll greed.

Second Way: Map owner only can roll need on chest outside Aquapolis. Everyone can roll need on all loot inside Aquapolis regardless of who's map spawned the portal.

Personally I am partial to the second way and is how I've typically always done it since it's a group effort as an FC so all participants should get a fair shake at the loot regardless of map ownership (unless you did not acquire a map then no roll for you). Any loot that anyone wins is theirs to do as they please with it and will be your choice to sell it, make personal use of it, or donate it to the FC. Please let me know your opinions and any additional ideas any of you may have regarding the handling of loot and we will come to an agreement and finalize a set of loot rules.

I think that about covers everything regarding maps and Aquapolis. If anyone has any questions/comments please post here, contact me in game, or message me directly in Discord.

Thank you everyone and I look forward to seeing some of you on board with maps starting next Wednesday.

Sorry for the long winded breakdown of how maps and Aquapolis works. I know many are already aware of the workings of that but I also realize there are some members out there who have not attempted to do treasure hunts or even step into Aquapolis yet and hopefully this gave them the information they needed to get started.