News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • seen wingman's hangar today?

I'm sure as time passes they will be more and more human like with restrictions that make sense (like a cone of vision). I wouln'd expect nothing less from "next generation AI".

i noticed there is a limited length to the side and rear areas, and at this point in time, you'd have to figure all the areas would be larger than needed to verify the system works correctly.

Once the system is proven to work, is when there would need to be discussions on how large/small each zone needs to be to be more human like. There has to be a point where avoidance becomes impossible. Also, seems very likely that one of the changes this system will experience will be that low skill pilots would have a much smaller distance view, and UEE/Vanduul fighter pilots will have varying degrees of larger areas, from cadet levels to Ace levels.

I do agree, left unchanged, these pilots might be just too good and give us too good a challenge, well, until our own skill levels improve.