News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Add Ons

Everyone has their favorite "must have" add ons. Post yours here! :D

Most add ons are downloadable through the Curse client.

ElvUI - a minimalist and configurable UI replacement. Highly recommended. Both the file and the update client can be downloaded at the site linked to. It's not available on Curse, but many ElvUI skins for other add-ons are

Armory - shows information for all of your alts

Deadly Boss Mobs - aid for raid boss fights

Scrap - automatically sells your junk items to vendors

EDIT: After reading other people's lists, it looks like I'm probably going to have to download more add ons. I used to use a lot, but the ones above are the only ones I've been using since I started up again. :)

Edited by MadBlue

I have been using a relatively add-on free interface and set up with since starting up again.

TradeSkillMaster - this is the only one I am currently using. Good for Crafting and Auction House interaction

Some other add-ons I used to use not mentioned were:

Recount - Graphical damage meter
    NPC Scan - Scans and locates rare spawns
    Gatherer - Tracks gathering nodes 
    Bartender - Action bars
    Sexy Map - Alternate mini map graphics

Currently using:

Altoholic   Altoholic is an Ace 3 addon written for people who dedicate most of their time to leveling alts...

Bagnon   Bagnon merges all of your bags into three windows: inventory, bank and guild bank.

Crap Away!   This small addon sells all useless gray items in your bags.

SilverDragon   SilverDragon tracks rares. It will try everything possible to notice them and tell you about them.

Waiting on Auctioneer to update.

V

I tend to be addon heavy, but I'm still ramping up as I settle in.  I'll certainly update after I've gotten my addon setup into a happy place.

I'm currently on the lookout for something that will let me change gearsets and talent selection at the same time.  I feel like it used to be possible, but can't say for sure.

I use a decent number of addons, but my UI is outwardly still not that far off from default. Here's most of the ones I like, and what I use them for:

General Use (little to no combat functionality):

Addon Control Panel Adds an "Addons" button to your main menu, lets you turn addons on and off just by reloading your UI instead of logging on/off.

AdvancedInterfaceOptions Puts back some of the interface options that were removed in 7.0

Auctionator Pretty basic auction house addon. There a lot of more complicated ones, but I like this one's simplicity.

Can I Mog It? It's a new addon and a bit buggy still, but it's designed to help you keep track of what you have unlocked in the new Appearances collection across the different armor classes/weapon types that aren't equippable by the character you're currently on.

DejaCharacterStats Puts back stats they removed from the base character panel in 7.0.

Master Plan Improves garrison and shipyard mission UIs, helps you maximize resource and xp gain.

Prat 3.0 Chat addon. Adds things like timestamps, class colors, player level displayed next to their name in chat, different fonts, etc.

Titan Panel Adds an information bar to the top of the screen to display a number of things at a glance, such as: coordinates, gold, bag space, durability, repair bill, latency, framerate, and addon memory usage.

General Combat:

Details! Damage meter addon. I previously used recount, but the way recount works (or worked, haven't used it in months so maybe something changed) had an unfortunate side effect of destroying the framerate of everyone in my raid for the first 30-45s of a pull (literally frozen screen, unable to do anything) so everyone switched to either Details or Skada. Personally after trying both I prefer Details.

Gnosis Castbar addon. Similar to Quartz. Displays cast time and latency on your castbar, as well as things like where the actual damage ticks fall in your channeled spells. Also allows you to set up bars to track dot durations, cooldowns, etc.

Omen Threat Meter As the title says, a threat meter. Not as important as it used to be now that tanks generate 700% threat by being in their tank stance and basically can't lose aggro to dps, but still useful in a raid for making sure that the offtank is the second one on the threat table if the boss has an aggro drop or something similar.

OmniCC Overlays numbers on your abilities and items, and on buffs and debuffs on enemy and ally unitframes to numerically show ability/item cooldowns and buff/debuff durations.

Tidy Plates Reskins nameplates. Also lets you make them bigger or smaller, and will display icons for buff/debuff duration above the nameplate.

Weakauras 2 Similar to the old addon Power Auras. Incredibly powerful addon that lets you make icons, bars, and other graphics to track your buffs, debuffs, procs, resources, and other things. If you know how to code in lua, you can basically write entire bossmods in it. In fact, I know someone who uses bartender to shrink his actionbars and hide them away in a corner, and then he rebuilds all of his cooldowns in icons using weakauras. And you can share your weakauras for other people to import. If I could only use one addon in the entire game, I would pick this one.

Raiding:

Angry Assignments Stores assignments for fights and displays the text during combat so that you don't have to have them in notepad and then repaste them for your raid every pull when someone forgets what they're assigned to.

CombatReplay Records your raid members positions during combat to be played back later. 

Deadly Boss Mods Similar to BigWigs Bossmods. Timers, warnings, announcements and more for raid and dungeon encounters. All but mandatory for PvE content. DBM is the single most downloaded addon on curse.com.

ExorsusRaidTools Occasionally used on specific fights for bossmod functionality not included in DBM. Also tracks things like raid cooldowns and battle rezzes.

PhoenixStyle Collects data on certain fights like who stood in the bad, when, and how much damage they took from it to be viewed after combat ends. Also can be used to "lock" raid markers if someone's DBM keeps changing marks when you don't want them changed, and reports the killing blow when a raid member dies.

I don't pvp seriously and currently don't have any pvp addons installed, but some of the addons I've used in the past for pvping include:

Gladius Improved enemy unit frames for arenas.

BattlegroundTargets Unit frames for the enemy team in a battleground.

OmniBar Tracks enemy cooldowns in pvp, such as cooldown remaining on their interrupts, ice blocks, divine shields, etc.

Some of these things have overlapping functionality. Some of them do ten things but I turn nine of those things off and only use them for one particular feature. Everyone's mileage may vary. Hopefully some of this information is useful to someone.

... Apologies for the horrifically long post, and for any eye-bleeding the formatting may have caused.

Edited by Anahlia

Some of the addons already posted I use.

The one that is required on my anvilmar/Undermine guild is greenwall as they have a main and alt guild on the alliance side.  This helps for being able to share chat across multiple guilds.

I used Tradeskill master but I use the Vendoring addon for it.  I also use bagon and altaholic.  I only use bagon for my own bag and disable it for my bank, guild bank and void storage.