News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Patching

Kawaa

I would really like to play with whomever is still playing but for the last 24 hours all ii get is patching. Any help would be great. Thanks 

• CotP Guardian

It is about an 8 gig set of patches.

I had the game installed via Steam at the start but had some strange alt-tab issues. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the Arc program. Both took quite a while to install.

If you restart it, is there the option to check the files and continue?

Are you running the game in administrator mode?

The game will be unavailable from 6am to 9am PT tomorrow, which won't help matters.

Perhaps we can brainstorm it a bit, typically when several of us play, we are in Mumble.

Cheers

Grim

• CotP Guardian

Goggled and found these, there are more as well.

Perhaps these may help.

[–]AarkinAsylum 1 point 7 months ago 
    I had the same problem last night, i enabled to force verify and it worked for me ao i just left it on. Are you running the steam version or the arc launcher version?

[–]blackjackwidow 1 point 7 months ago 
    If you're running on Arc, try everything again without it. Find the neverwinter.exe file and run as admin directly.
    While it's patching, you can also press ctrl-x and a window will pop up that shows the files downloading. Might be able to see which one is stuck. Try closing everything, reboot to clear anything in memory/cache, then rename or move the file. It should download a new copy.

.hogg files can get stuck or corrupted and cause havoc. Arc also sometimes has a hard time updating if it's got a patch and nw has a patch. Running the exe without arc sometimes helps to patch up the game first, then re-login to arc and update if it needs it.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Grim