Starsector is an open-world single-player RTS space-combat game with roleplaying, exploration and economics from Fractal Softworks. You take the role of a space captain seeking fortune and glory however you choose.
- Develop your character into a hot-shot pilot, a smuggler, a stern admiral, an industrial magnate – or anything in between
- Pilot your ship in top-down 2D combat
- Command your fleet in tactical battles
- Gain experience to level up your skills
- Detailed space combat mechanics
- Customize your ship’s loadout before battle
- Outfit ships with your weapons of choice and add hull modifications to create devastating tactical combinations
- Hire officers to give skill bonuses, pilot auxiliary ships, and oversee your operations
- Explore war-torn star systems
- Exploit events to trade goods for profit
- Win the favor or scorn of powerful factions
- Discover new worlds and salvage lost derelicts
- Mod support for diverse user-made content
- Claim new worlds, build outposts and industry
- Cripple core world supply lines to create easy prey for piracy or bolster the rule of law and try to reverse the Sector’s descent into chaos
- Survey forgotten worlds and establish new colonies among the ruins
- Use lost and forbidden technologies to advance your cause – can you afford to pay for the consequences of your hubris?
- Leave your mark upon the world and determine the fate of the Sector with your decisions
Still in its alpha phase, this one looks to be something to keep an eye on moving forward. If you preorder now, you pay $15 – 25% off the final price.
What you get:
- Early access to the game, starting with alpha builds – available now!
- Discounted price
- The full version, when it is finished
- You help support the development of Starsector