News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Neverwinter?

from the NW wiki:

I have one character at 16.

Snarla is 20, there are a few other players with level 15+ characters as well (Rouhet and Delmar).

I started playing a bit on sat.  I have a trickster Rogue up to 16 named andir.  Cept I am not on the dragon server.  So I will delete him and roll a new one there and start all over gain *sigh* LOL  I think my handle is @cntry

Servers will be merged after official launch. Might as well keep playing your Rogue on the server you're on now and join up after the merge (maybe create a different class on Dragon). :)

• CotP Guardian

I found this and apparently hey will.

There is simply no time line defined anywhere, so who knows when it will come to pass.

Why will Neverwinter have multiple shards when Cryptic's other games run on a single shard?

We believe that having all players in a single game world provides for the best user experience because it allows players to play, interact and trade with others without having to worry about which shard they are on. Launching a new online game is an exciting time, where new hardware and new software meet a large user population for the first time. Hence, we have decided to launch Neverwinter with three shards, to reduce the risk of players having a negative experience due to servers overloading. Our goal is to continue to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world soon after launch, and we have built our multi-shard technology with this in mind. For example, we are requiring guild names to be unique across all shards, so that when we do merge the shards nobody will have to change their guild name due to a naming conflict.

Cheers

Grim

Oh cool then I will roll something else on Dragon then.  I think I am going to stay away from a tank class though LOL

Just about 32 on my CW now, man the dungeons are a lot of fun, and the foundry just makes lvling cake if you want to get up to max :D

Leah, so happy to hear you're retiring, good for you! 

I'm on the Dragon server, @delmaranon, for anyone who wants to friend me :)

I have started a Control Mage on the dragon server, L6/7 atm.  I'll start looking for CoTP members.

We really should schedule a meet and greet meeting as the server is now open beta.

When would be a good time?

Thank you for inviting me to the CoTP guild in NeverWinter Rouhet - they will blame you later  8-)

After some short intros, we setup an across the server chat channel - just have to do /channel_join CoTP

I suggest making a new Chat Tab - Labeled GUILD - and set it up for guild chat only, similar to Rift / STO etc.

I've run a mage and cleric up to low levels so far; reading your above inputs into the game, I have the same feelings about NW also.  It's not AD&D.  What game is this?  The Cleric has no direct heals, the mage has no buffs, or sub classing like illusions or elemental control?  Each character has the ability to poof! move out of the way to another location quickly.  Is this fun?  This is not AD&D at all.

To try and be positive, I'm hoping they come out with the pure Cleric class in the near future, as opposed to this Paladin like character for healing.  And as one mentioned the mage specializations will come, like the warlock.

As with most games, they are pushing them out they door as soon as they work, and holding content back until the get the money.  It took two years to get Star Trek Online up to snuff, let's assume the same for NW.  Give it some time to percolate - rhymes with chocolate.   :triniti:

To be fair, "AD&D" hasn't been around for over a decade. There have been two editions since then. They dropped the "Advanced" in the title when 3rd edition came out (in 2000), and 4e came out in 2008. Neverwinter is based on D&D 4e, which is very different from previous editions, and the classes in Neverwinter are similar to the character archetypes in 4e. Also, not all of the archetypes are in-game yet. For example, so far Neverwinter has both Fighter archetypes (the Guardian and Great Weapon Fighter), but doesn't have the "Battle Cleric", "Brawny Rogue" or "War Wizard" (or any of the Paladin, Ranger, Warlord or Warlock archetypes) from the 4e PHB1 (or any of the classes or archetypes from subsequent PHBs) yet. The At-Will, Encounter and Daily Power structure is part of the way 4e works, as are Paragon Paths. Being able to block or move out of the way is part of the mechanics of Neverwinter. In the pen and paper version of D&D, the loss of HP represents, in part, dodging so that what would have been a mortal wound becomes a graze, but putting the ability to block or dodge into the hands of the player makes combat more interactive in an MMO.

Edited by MadBlue