News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Server reset

Eendiwena

Server reset options  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Keeping your belt upon death

• yes
      • no
    2. 2. What biomes would you like to see more of?

• Cities/wastelands
      • Rural area
      • Desert
      • Mountains/snow
      • Lakes
      • Mines
      • Forest
      • Burnt forest
      • Pine Forest
      • Plains
    3. 3. Increase Air drops?

• Yes
      • No

To help create a desired setting for those playing please feel free to add anything i missed in the poll with a response below.  Keep in mind the difficulty of the zombies were already discussed and is the reason for the reset.

Edited by Eendiwena

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Damis said that we were staying at level 5, just uping the number of zombie spawns/hordes and adding the ferals. I could be wrong though.

I have some pre building pics of the base area I can post as well as some mid built.

The feral setting might

not add the zombie type, looks like it makes them more aggressive and can smell you through walls. At least looking at the local mp settings that what it sounds like. Still cool to turn on for sure.

There seems to be a EnemySpawnMode, EnemyDifficulty and MaxSpawnedZombies that can be edited to give us what you guys were talking about.

I took several pictures of the curent fort above and below ground last night.  You should be able to view them on my steam profile: Caeadwen

• Administrators

I am busy at work, but I am also trying to research how to mod stuff and add prefabs when I have a chance.  I am familiar with the Unity game engine, which this game is based on, so that has my interest.  It would be nice to throw in some aggressive bears and other stuff if possible.  Maybe add a nice dragon just for Bakath. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPOLmgUMONo#t=19

• Administrators

the loot mod looks interesting, not sure about the first one as i think some of his zombie attacks seem a bit to "over the top" for a self proclaimed "more realistic" survival game.  He had me upto that point. 

The second seems very interesting IMO as it widens the foods, adds logical aspects like sickness and walls being stronger then doors.

Ok, can't do any config changes that change the world, bio types cites etc, that would require a complete restart. For now the Zombie spawn rate is at 150%, up from 100%, they are Feral and can have up to 80 spawned at a time up from 60. 80 seems to be max.  

Damis that Bear mod is not ready for prime time, Boar is so so but we could add but it would be buggy. They are already in game just not completed yet so hidden, missing animations etc, set for a future release. 

• Administrators

Folks,

We didn't reset the map last night, because we wanted to test whether increasing the max number of mobs and mob aggression would make the game more exciting for the players, in which case we wouldn't need to reset the map.  I know that the game is still a challenge for some players, but eventually, after you gain more levels and health, it isn't quite as challenging anymore.

We all put a lot of hard work in building our current base, so I fully understand everyone's concern in what we gain by starting over.  The map is a lot larger than we thought, so we could spend weeks or even Months exploring before getting bored with it.

There are some changes that we can implement which would make the game more difficult, but I believe we would have to reset the game for them to work. 

So the question is whether everyone wants to continue to play on the current map and reset later or start all over again now?

I finished my tower this morning so I am game to reset it, ;) I would like to spend a bit of time on the configs and review the forums some more to know how far into the nasty we can take it. Even if it means we have to restart test and reset again if needed to get it right. For me I would like it that no matter how big and bad our base is the zombies have what it takes to come in and rip it down every night, leaving it up to us to keep them from doing it. 

• CotP Guardian

Can I have a pony?

And I don't know if I have it in my genetic makeup to ask Gim nicely for anything.

In case your not aware!

funny_comics_05.jpg

Cheers

Grim

• CotP Guardian

I finished my tower this morning so I am game to reset it, ;) I would like to spend a bit of time on the configs and review the forums some more to know how far into the nasty we can take it. Even if it means we have to restart test and reset again if needed to get it right. For me I would like it that no matter how big and bad our base is the zombies have what it takes to come in and rip it down every night, leaving it up to us to keep them from doing it. 

I better find a tunnel and no door on that...

Day241bonus.jpg

Cheers

Grim