News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Server reset

Eendiwena

Server reset options  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Keeping your belt upon death

• yes
      • no
    2. 2. What biomes would you like to see more of?

• Cities/wastelands
      • Rural area
      • Desert
      • Mountains/snow
      • Lakes
      • Mines
      • Forest
      • Burnt forest
      • Pine Forest
      • Plains
    3. 3. Increase Air drops?

• Yes
      • No

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CotP Guardian

A Typical Bakath tower project...

maxresdefault.jpg

There there, Bakath, we will fix your tower!

calm_crying_baby-001-583x416.jpg

Cheers

Grim

• Administrators

I like the zombie changes in this mod.  The other changes are 'meh'.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?26586-True-Leveled-Looting

About zombie changes.

I've changed zeds speed during the day. Shambling zombies have their standart speed. Nurse and Reanimated Corpse now almost running during daytime. They have around 80% their nightrunning speed and they will chase you for long period but you r running faster than them.

Cops almost running too but they run slowly compared to other zeds. Most of zombies have 2 times increased walking speed (its a half of their run speed now) so you can be trapped very fast if you didnt notice them but you still can run from them at day time.
    On one hand you can run from zombies but dont forget that spawn is increased so on the other hand in 90% of cases you will meet new zombies on your way trying to run away. So you need to choose - fight or find a good way to hide.

I really like the mod listed below.  The developer spent considerably time defining a complete gaming package.  He is actively involved in updating it.  I read all 25 pages of the thread.  I will try to compile a list of all his changes. 

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?19643-MOD-Better-Than-Giant-Bees-Hardcore-Survival/page25

I would like to start a new game using a seed.  Then install the mod.  Then update the zombie speed settings to match the speed listed above.  Then restart and test the game.

Grim

Yes the top of the tower may have had some support issues and may have crumbled more then once :) 

Damis

I like it but would also like to return the spawn rate to the 11.2 before the nurf as well. 

• Administrators

First off,  we can use a seed name to help generate the terrain that we want or we can update the world xml files directly and create an enormous city. By playing around with the settings we can increase the city size and amount of mines.  The following would be some good reading on how to make those changes.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?26826-Random-Gen-Modding

Or we could just use a seed name for the random terrain generation.  This would decrease our chance of screwing up the mod we want to install.

Just google 7 Days to Die Seed names to see what is available or pick one of the below.

• Alpha - creates a big city
    • alpha11.3 - supposedly creates a big city
    • WhatNow - creates 2 large cities.
    • SurvivalStory - creates a landscape with a lot of mines.

• CotP Guardian

Just have to make sure that the mods are updated for the current version of the release or bad things will happen, lol.

Cheers

Grim

• Administrators

We are going to use FlowerChild's mod.  Listed below are some the changes that you will see in the game.  Happy reading or just figure it out in-game.

------------

-Random World

-Enemy Agression: Feral

-Loot Abundance: 25%

-Loot Respawn Time: Disabled

-Air Drops: Disabled

-Adds additional biome diversity where different biomes have different difficulty levels, and the more difficult ones also provide greater rewards. As a general rule: the more "alive" a biome is, the less dangerous it is.
    -Makes firearms much harder to find so that they're more valuable and worth maintaining given there isn't always another one right around the corner.
    -There's a clear line between "old world" tech and what you can make yourself with your primitive crafting abilities. For example, the only firearm you can make entirely from scratch (with the appropriate skill unlocks) are shotguns, while others can only be scavenged in part or in whole. Firearms in particular are treated as relics of a fallen civilization, in an almost "Mad Max" manner.
    -Eliminates the crossbow entirely given how game-breaking it is.
    -Moves most of the significant recipes in the game into skill books. You start with very basic survival skills, not even able to really build anything at all, and slowly unlock more as you progress.
    -Gets rid of the ability to set your spawn via sleeping bags/beds so that death is more meaningful.
    -Gets rid of the ability to place water source blocks given how prone that is to exploits.

Added a few new skill books which help break up the progression a bit more. These are using stock skill book icons mind you, so be sure to hover your mouse over skill books to see what they actually contain.

-Added fried eggs as a new item that can be cooked up on a grill. Unfortunately, they still look like hard boiled eggs, but I assure you that's simply a hallucination brought on by radiation exposure. I added these because at a certain point, smashing your glass jars like a manly man every time you boil an egg gets rather old, and by the time you put together a grill, water supply is generally not an issue anymore.

-Changed (increased) the chance of finding skill books in book cases slightly, since there are now more types of them to find in total.

-Changed the weapon storage crate recipe to use a sharp stone instead of a crossbow bolt, since bolts can't be made in BTGB.

-Changed (reduced) the chance of eggs being found in nests to help balance the addition of fried eggs and make them a slightly less reliable food source.

-Changed (reduced) the time it takes to open "cracked" safes since the idea there is that they're already busted open, whereas in stock I assume it's supposed to represent the time it takes you to pick the lock.

-Fixed a bunch of blocks that were still dropping block items upon destruction that I had missed previously (a bunch that dropped old wood, and fridges in particular).

-Fixed the names on "Cracked" safes so that they look less like internal variable names when you are prompted to open them.

-Removed the ability to use toilets as a water source as that just provides an easy water supply in the wasteland biome, and doesn't go well with the many decorative options that they provide.

-Added a new "Intro To Carpentry" skill book which serves to break up the ability to build structures from scratch into two separate books since it's such a powerful skill to acquire. The carpentry book gives the ability to create wood planks and stuff like storage chests, while Home Maintenance provides the ability to create wood frames (which is valuable on its own due to me upping the number of wood plank drops you have access to in a change below). This is similar to how Metalworking and Pottery books work hand in hand.

-Changed (increased) the chance of finding skill books slightly once again, given there is another one to learn in total.

-Changed the way skill book loot works so that regular skill books can be found in book shelves, but rare books/blueprints can only be found in safes (which won't contain common ones either). This creates more of a skill progression since safes are extremely difficult to "crack" at the start of the game and get progressively easier as you get better tools (largely dependent on the accumulation of common skills). It will also make finding rare books more consistent and less random in the late game as I've given them a greater chance of being in safes than before.

-Changed the storage crate recipes (the ones for specific items with icons on the side) to be unlocked with home maintenance 2 to help spread out the progression a little more.

-Changed (reduced) the overall number of pain killers you find in loot, as they were rather overabundant.

-Changed the first aid kit recipe to use painkillers instead of blood bags, since the latter are effectively no longer in the mod (see change below).

-Changed the first aid kit recipe to be unlocked with the "Intro To Chemistry" skill book, since you can't make it without knowing how to make grain alcohol anyways. This helps to reduce recipe menu clutter at the start of the game.

-Changed small safes (desk and wall) so that they won't contain large weapons or weapon parts. I did this both for consistency, and to up the relative value of the loot you can find in gun safes (which can contain the larger weapons).

-Changed the probability of the different animals spawning so that rabbits are much more common than pigs which are more common than deer, basically following their value in terms of resources. This provides more of an "Oh! A deer!" response, rather than "Oh...a deer", and makes stuff like ammunition conservation a more interesting aspect of the game since whether to expend rounds on rabbits, or wait for higher value game is now more of a thing.

-Changed the glass pane loot in garbage to broken glass as the panes were potentially prone to exploits, and I suspect just represented a typo in the first place.

-Changed the Wood Log Spike recipe to be unlocked through the "Urban Guerrilla" book rather than being available at start, given it's a very powerful defensive tool. This also ups the value and satisfaction of finding that book given mines are largely useless

-Changed the Wood Log Spike recipe to be in the "Tool/Traps" recipe category instead of the Miscellaneous one, given it's a trap.

-Changed one of the broken windows (the ones found in prefab houses) to break like glass instead of wood, as it was behaving in an inconsistent manner relative to other windows and was making the most severely damaged windows harder to break than the less damaged ones.

-Changed several wood blocks (namely wood frames and boarded up barricades) to drop planks on destruction. This fits in with the change to the carpentry skill book so that you can scavenge planks from existing structures to build with and repair existing structures before you can create them yourself. This also ups the reward of breaking down blocks slightly as you're going around scavenging and such to make it a little more gratifying. Let me know if you run into any blocks that really feel like they should be dropping planks that I might have missed as there are a ton of them to go through.

-Removed the pistol and ammo drops from bloated walkers in my ongoing effort to reduce the overabundance of firearms in the game.

-Removed the flashlight drops from bloated walkers as well, as there are just too Jeepers many flashlights in the game, despite how much I enjoy tormenting Icy with them

-Removed blood bags and blood draw kits from the loot you can find, as while slurping down random people's unrefrigerated blood for its health benefits was amusing, they were just rather unnecessary and exploity in practice with the whole "I'm going to draw my blood now so I can have a blood slurpy if I get hungry later" thing. I had been throwing them away when I found them due to being "too lame to use", so that's always a pretty good sign I should remove something

-Removed the chance of animals spawning dead. Turns out this was accessible through the config files after all, and was just making things way too easy as you'd tend to find animal carcasses all over the place for free food and leather.

-Removed the respawn on animals so that over-hunting an area will leave it depleted, which promotes exploration, puts additional pressure on the player's food supply mid-game, makes acquiring leather and leather armor a bigger deal, and incentivizes moving towards self-sufficiency through farming.  <---This we might change on our server.

-Removed the animal spawns entirely from wasteland (only rabbits were spawning in wastelands previously) and burnt forest biomes to give them a more daunting vibe and to make surviving within them slightly more difficult.

-Removed the recipes for converting stones, cinder blocks and destroyed stone to gravel to limit gravel's effectiveness as an early-game method of creating barricades. If you want gravel for making cement or what have you, you'll have to specifically harvest it from the environment.

-Removed the bowl recipe as it's not being used by anything in the mod.

Added plank drops to wood stairs on destruction.

-Changed wood logs placed as blocks to fall if unsupported from below. This allows them to be used as an early game building material while still providing incentive to progress towards more advanced construction techniques given a barricade made of them will quickly collapse when attacked. Note that this also applies to the upgraded forms of logs as well (reinforced with wood and scrap metal).

-Changed cooking pots, drift wood, and campfires to not be capable of being used in building unsupported horizontal "bridges", similar to the log change above.

-Changed the first aid bandage recipe to use a regular bandage and aloe cream, to make it more of an upgrade to the regular bandage.

-Changed (reduced) the overall probability of finding wrenches as they were a tad too common. Also moved finding them mostly in cupboards over to cars to have a little more control over how many the player has potential access to (given cars are rarer).

-Changed the iron fragment drops on some light fixtures to scrap iron for consistency with the brass ones.

-Changed brass items such as trophies, door knobs, and candle sticks so that they don't appear both in trash and from zombie drops and moved those same items to being found in dressers, as the game was over-saturated with brass, and that whole thing with zombies carrying around big brass items in their pockets was rather odd, even if they did seem quite happy to see me.

-Changed (reduced) the probability of finding cowboy hats, and removed the ability to scrap them into cloth, as the combination of their better-than-cloth stats, repairing them with leather, and finding them so abundantly was making them a rather weird and out of place item.

-Changed (reduced) the durability of hollow tree stumps to make them a bit easier to clean up after

looting, and removed the wood plank drop from them.

-Changed metal store shelves to be much easier to break down for scrap iron, given those kinds of shelves are rather easy to break down

-Fixed a few boarded doorways that weren't dropping planks on destruction.

-Removed oil and gunpowder from both garbage and zombie loot given their value and to make weapon maintenance a little more challenging.

-Added a gardening skill book that provides recipes for turning blueberries, corn, potatoes, goldenrod, and cotton into their related seeds and removed all seed drops as loot. This essentially turns farming into a skill that needs to be learned so that it can't be used as a food supply early on in the game, and ups the value of finding whole veggies as loot substantially. I have more farming changes planned for the future, but for now this at least gates it so that it isn't immediately available should you get lucky and find a hoe.

-Changed (increased) the chance of finding books slightly since there are now more of them.

-Changed (increased) the running speed of all animals so that they are all faster than the player. This is to increase the difficulty of hunting with a melee weapon, thereby increasing the value of both firearms and ammo. You can still manage to kill them with a club if you put a little thought into it, but it generally won't be easy.

-Changed (increased) the field of view on bees to help reduce their current problems with just flying around harmlessly. It doesn't resolve it mind you, but does help slightly.

-Changed bloated walkers to have a bit more junk loot so that their inventories don't wind up being completely empty so often.

-Changed (decreased) the chance of finding antibiotics slightly, as some of my previous changes (like removing blood draw kits and blood bags) had inadvertently increased the probability of them showing up, and they were a tad too common as a result.

-Changed antibiotics so that the immunity buff they provide doesn't last as long, and to remove the wellness increase from them, as they were way too open to abuse.

-Changed storage chests to fall if unsupported to prevent base-defense exploits involving them.

-Changed (increased) the value of loot found in chests. This is one of the few times I made things easier, as the cycle of hope and disappointment in finding a chest, which is relatively rare, only to have it contain nothing or junk, just wasn't fun. They're now interior "survivor cashes" similar to hollow tree stumps with a small chance of high value loot like firearms. They'll still occasionally be empty, but will often contain valuable supplies.

-Changed (decreased) the durability of the bone shank, and increased its stamina drain, as it was open to abuse.

-Changed (reduced) the stamina boost provided from coffee as it felt rather cheaty before, to the point where I didn't even want to use it. It still helps but should no longer allow you to do stuff like sprint indefinitely.

-Removed the ability to plant coffee beans. Coffee thus can not be grown and can only be found as loot. I did this to accomodate the new gardening skill book above given it would require me to either add a new item for coffee seeds of some kind, or eliminate coffee as loot which didn't seem very fitting given how common a household item it is. Plus, growing coffee from what are likely roasted beans just always seemed rather odd, and given coffee is very much a luxury item, it seemed best to just remove farming it entirely.

Added a sound for when the bleeding buff is applied to make it a little more obvious. It was easy for the icon to appear and for the player to end up dying because they didn't realize they were bleeding to death, which seems like something you should probably be aware of

-Added a new ground coffee item that replaces coffee beans as a standard loot drop (found in kitchens and such), and which is used for brewing coffee. Coffee beans may also be crafted into ground coffee.

-Added a new Metal Working book which teaches the recipes for making the standard iron tools (pick, shovel, fireaxe, and hoe).

-Added a new rare Gun Smithing book which teaches how to make shotgun molds.

-Added Firearm Maintenance and Ammunation Nation skill books to Shotgun Messiah (gun store) loot, so if you're missing those skills, it's a good place to look.

-Added Intro to Carpentry and Home Maintenance Vol I books to Working Stiffs (hardware store) loot.

-Added dobermans and crawlers back into the burnt forest biome. I'm not down with the whole making biomes less distinct thing.

-Changed the molds for the various shotgun parts so that they do not require the corresponding shotgun parts to create. This means that if you get to the point in the progression where you have a working forge and the gun smithing book, you can create a shotgun without necessarily having to find one (or the various parts of one) in loot given the overall rarity of firearms in the mod.

-Changed the skill books added by the mod to use colored versions of the standard book icon (the non-skill related one) to avoid visual confusion with stock books. This isn't a permanent solution mind you, as they don't exactly look great this way, but it will serve until 7 Days has a more flexible system for adding custom item icons.

-Changed a few more wood-based blocks to drop planks on destruction.

-Changed worn boots so you can scrap them for cloth.

-Changed the "specialty" shops in the game ("Working Stiffs" hardware store, "Shotgun Messiah" gun store, and the book store) to only appear within the city given that each of them contains items that allow you to bypass the progression, and to give added incentive to trying to make it into the city for the valuable loot that can be found there.

-Changed augers, chainsaws, pickaxes, and hoes to only spawn with the "Working Stiffs" hardware store, making them exclusive to the city as loot.

-Changed coffee beans so that they may be planted as they used to (actually, they weren't really disabled anyways due to an error on my part), and added a loot drop for them within the "Working Stiffs" hardware store. It's not the ideal location for them, but it'll do for now in gating access to them to the late game.

-Changed pharmacy containers to hold medical loot rather than books. I assume this was just an error in 10.3.

-Changed the cobblestone frame recipe to require the Home Maintenance volume II skill book to unlock.

-Changed Bacon & Eggs to emit a zombie attracting smell, like other meat based foods.

-Changed potted plants so that they'll fall without being supported from below.

-Changed the fireaxe to have a damage bonus vs "cloth" (vs actual cloth like curtains, and many blocks like trash piles), and the pickaxe to reduce damage against such materials, because it was rather odd that the pickaxe was more effective vs these blocks.

-Changed some of the stock skill books in the game to use custom items from the mod. This is strictly an internal change that shouldn't affect how things play, and was done to simplify my ongoing maintenance of the mod from version to version of 7 Days. It should also fix a couple of problems where the mouse-over description of a book wasn't the same as its actual contents.

-Changed the first aid kit recipe to require a car battery and a couple of pieces of forging iron, to match its sound effect and rather extreme power.

-Changed batteries so that they produce less lead when salvaged due to lead being over saturated in the game already.

-Changed some doors to drop doorknobs on destruction (the ones with brass handles), and removed door knobs from random loot.

-Changed candles to be unlocked through a skill book since they are currently superior to torches in every way.

-Changed torches and candles to be in the furniture/decoration recipe group.

-Changed (reduced) the stamina gain from alcohol consumption so that coffee is a more effective boost.

-Fixed a problem with a few pairs of colored pants where they were showing up with the wrong inventory icon. That was my bad due to failing to integrate some of the Pimp's previous changes properly.

-Removed the ability of vitamins to cure dysentery.

-Removed the shotguns on cop zombies. They only carry pistols now for balance with the general rarity of firearms in the mod.

-Removed scrap lead from junk loot (garbage etc.) due to lead being an over saturated resource.

-Changed (increased) the wellness loss for food poisoning and restored the health loss (the Pimps removed it in 10.4).

-Changed (reduced) the repair value of cloth to revert the change the Pimps made in 10.4 to increase it. Cloth is already way too common a resource with too limited use to have its one remaining mid to late game use buffed.

-Changed (decreased) the growth rate of all crops in the game. This doesn't represent my planned balance pass for farming, but upon reviewing the changes in the config files for 10.4, it was obvious the stock increase to growth rate was far too timid to have a significant impact, so I applied an additional multiplier across the board as a temporary measure pending further tweaking.

-Changed all mod skill books to stack up to 50 to match the corresponding vanilla change in 10.4.

-Changed the pharmacy so that it only appears in the city, similar to my previous changes to other other high value buildings (gun shop, etc.).

-Removed the Santa Hat loot drop as while it was a cute seasonal addition it also had an unbalanced armor value and didn't fit the overall dark vibe of the game.

-Removed book stores entirely from random world generation given they're so super powered, use the same loot blocks (bookshelves) as other areas of the game making them difficult/impossible to tweak independently without affecting balance elsewhere, and have the potential to completely break the progression if players manage to make it to one at the beginning of the game. I'll be attempting to rebalance the city in the future to make it more difficult and worthy of containing such loot, but removing these stores entirely is a good temporary workaround for the time being. At present, the city remains valuable as a potential source of tools, guns, and medical supplies with the corresponding shops.

-Removed yucca fruit drops from destroying cactus. I had actually completely forgotten they were even in the game until I noticed them in the config files, and making the desert not only one of the easiest places to get water and wood in stock, but also to find food. I'm really not down with the whole "deserts as the horn of plenty" thing

Added a new "CrushedGoldenrod" item, which is used to make tea in the campfire, and which is now unlocked through a skill book rather than the tea itself. This is to get around errors in multiplayer with campfire recipes unlocked via skill books. Unfortunately, there are no spaces in the name of this item and it appears as "CrushedGoldenrod" due to current limitations on names for custom items unlocked via skill books.

-Added "RawAnitbiotics" as a new item. It functions similarly to "CrushedGoldenrod" above, being an intermediate unlock recipe for antibiotics.

-Added "GrainMash" as a new item. Same deal as above but for Grain Alcohol.

-Changed Biofuel to be a crafting grid recipe instead of a campfire one for the same reasons I added the above recipes, and since its only use is in combination with Grain Alchohol to make gas, which already requires a camp fire and beaker.

-Changed (reduced) the frequency of skill books slightly, as there were too many available with the increase of building density in 10.3 & 10.4.

-Changed (reduced) the amount of loot that tends to be found on zombie nurses slightly, as painkillers and other medical supplies were a tad too abundant.

-Removed the short metal pipes from "junk" loot (zombies and garbage) as they were too abundant in the early game. This means that it will be a bit more difficult to acquire a cooking grill, and tool maintenance will be more of an issue.

-Changed dogs back to their Alpha 10 view angle to that they're more alert.

-Changed driftwood back so that it can be picked up directly like in Alpha 10. It still can only be used for burning in BTSG however.

-Changed plant fibers back to being crafted out of grass and yucca plants instead of harvesting directly from them.

-Changed (reduced) the size of towns. I'll likely need to do more balancing here, but at least this should prevent the obscenely large and totally fun-killing ones from appearing.

-Changed the blunderbuss to require a skill book to learn its recipe.

-Removed the whole thing with dogs giving up on attacking you after awhile that was added in Alpha 11.

-Removed casino coins from loot as they don't really serve any purpose and feel out of place due to being such a specialized scrap item.

-Removed the stone shovel.

-Removed sod.

Added the wooden bow and arrows back into the progression. You can build them right from the start (no skill book required), but I've heavily nerfed their values so that they aren't as effective as firearms later in the game, and to ensure that there's actually a reason to work towards finding and making guns. They also shouldn't be as effective as melee weapons in dispatching large numbers of zombies in the early game so that hand to hand isn't totally devalued either. I've basically balanced it so that it's a weapon that's only appropriate based on context, like in launching an initial sneak attack, or hunting rabbits. Note that as part of this I've greatly reduced the default velocity of arrows down from 400 meters per second, so you should no longer hear a sonic boom when loosing an arrow, and aiming high is now actually a thing

-Changed (tweaked) the blunderbuss to have a better place in the progression. It's now a more effective single shot weapon, and I've placed the ability to learn its recipe in a number of different skill books (metal working, intro to chemistry, firearm maintenance, etc.: basically all books related to metal working, explosives, or firearms) so that it is likely to be learned earlier in the game, before the player is able to put together more advanced guns.

-Changed the way skill affects the crafting of clubs so that they don't suffer a heavy damage penalty due to poor crafting. They're just clubs afterall, and this was having a very negative impact on the effectiveness of early game melee combat.

-Changed animals back to having their pre-Alpha 11 view angle so that they're more alert and harder to sneak up on. The reduced view angle was making hunting them much too easy.

-Changed (reduced) the number of sticks that drop from some of the new bushes, as they were resulting in a surplus.

-Changed (increased) the number of skill books in bookcases slightly due to the decrease in town size in the previous release.

-Removed the magnum parts from corpses and feral zombies.

Added a progression to both the difficulty level and rewards (in terms of potential loot) available in several different biomes. I'll leave the details of this for the player to discover, but a word to the wise: there are likely some places you don't want to go initially, and as a general rule of thumb, the more "alive" a biome is, the lower risk, and lower payout, it usually is. If you find yourself initially spawning in an area with little natural life, then it is likely a good idea to get out as quickly as possible. This is a pretty major change to the way the game plays, so I would suggest starting a new game to take full advantage of it.

-Added quality level to wooden bows. It doesn't affect the damage dealt, but it does greatly affect the durability, similar to what I previously did with the blunderbuss.

-Added the ability to repair wooden bows with plant fibers.

-Changed a bunch more windows and window frames to break like glass for the same reasons as previous releases.

-Changed (increased) the amount of loot found in medicine cabinets, once again to balance for the reduced number of buildings in BTGB.

-Changed dogs and burnt zombies to be immune to fire damage as they were getting killed running around in the burnt forest biome due to the cinders.

-Removed the day 6 dog horde as it had the potential for a lot of unfair deaths.

-Removed feral zombies from cave spawns, making them exclusive to the wasteland and some rare night hordes.

-Removed the "iron sights" zoom mode from the wooden bow as with the lower velocity and shorter range, it's actually way harder to aim with it than without, and it was bound to cause confusion for players habituated to using them for other weapons as a result.

Added the ability to break sleeping bags down into cloth.

-Added the ability to scrap flashlights into iron.

-Changed "Stunning Defeat Gardening" (the seed skill book) to be a rare one.

-Changed a few things about giant bees to make them more aggressive and dangerous.

-Changed (increased) the run speed of burnt zombies slightly as the animation for them running looked odd relative to their speed.

-Changed (increased) the wellness gain from vitamins given they're so rare in the mod, and to provide a buff which increases wellness slowly over time instead of all at once. Was a bit of a letdown to eat them only for them to not have a visible impact on your wellness, and was a bit silly when you'd raid a Pop'n'pills and down bottle after bottle to make yourself instantly healthier

-Changed the spiked club to be repaired with nails rather than metal strips.

-Changed (reduced) the number of eggs and feathers you get from nests.

-Changed shotgun shells and magnum rounds to be scrapable.

-Changed (increased) the movement speed of snow zombies slightly to better match their animation and make them more dangerous.

-Changed goldenrod to be exclusive to the plains for a little more biome diversity.

-Removed cotton from the plains and pine forest biomes for the same reason.

-Removed bird nests from snow biome for same reason.

-Removed damage from cactus as both animals and zombies are terrible at avoiding them and it was causing a lot of random mob deaths as a result.

-Added new buffs for consuming protein, vegetables, and starch which will slowly improve your wellness over time and which can be possessed in combination, making a balanced diet the most beneficial to your overall health. Note that you won't received these benefits if you have some kind of sickness buff like dysentery or an infection. No cows or dairy products in the game so I guess we'll stick with 3 food groups for now

-Changed (increased) the resolution of the wellness gain from vitamins so that it occurs in smaller increments at greater frequency (same total overall). Also changed them so that it doesn't apply if you're otherwise ill, like the food bonuses above.

-Changed rotting flesh to have 100% chance of food poisoning and a decent chance of infection.

-Changed food poisoning to reset its countdown if you become poisoned again while you already have it.

-Changed skull caps and baseball caps so that they can be repaired with cloth.

-Removed the instant wellness gain from various food types and antibiotics as it was too easily exploitable. This has largely been replaced by the "food groups" wellness gains above.

-Removed the small wellness penalty from drinking coffee as it was too small to be intuitive.

-Added spider zombies back to night hordes, as their removal severely undermined vertical defense gameplay.

-Changed the zombies that spawn in caves to spider zombies (exclusively) as a thematic element.

-Changed (reduced) the overall amount of bottled water found in loot as there wasn't enough early game pressure to establish a water supply to really make hydration relevant.

-Changed (reduced) the overall amount of clothing found in dressers, and tweaked their overall balance, as clothing was over saturated in the early game and devaluing cloth overall.

-Changed pop'n'pills cabinets to contain a bit more in the way of rare medical items, to make finding such a store more rewarding.

-Changed (increased) the crafting time on plant fibers.

-Removed empty jars from trash loot as they were rapidly stockpiling to the point of irrelevance.

Removed changes made in 11.3 to reduce the spawning frequency of hordes.

-Added a small chance of receiving dysentery from drinking boiled water. This can of course be overcome through making goldenrod tea, and was done to make water purification and consumption more of an ongoing concern as the game progresses, and to further differentiate the plains biome.

-Added a small chance of food poisoning when eating dog or cat food, making them more of a desperation food item.

-Added a cloth drop to bags of various kinds when they are destroyed.

-Added a grass drop to nests when they are destroyed.

-Added a broken glass drop to windows when they are destroyed.

-Changed (rebalanced) how pretty much all the tools and melee weapons are affected by quality level rather extensively. The quality system added in Alpha 11 really messed with their stats and I've tried to make the values a little more reasonable and fit better with the overall progression. Generally, I've toned down the impact quality has on the damage a tool does and emphasized how frequently poor quality tools need to be repaired. Sorry for the delay on this one, but I just reached forging iron tools in my own game which is when I realized things had gotten completely nuts

-Changed the can of soup to provide protein and starch buffs instead of vegetable, given the icon for it labels it as chicken soup.

-Changed (reduced) the hunger gained from fried and boiled eggs to make them a little more difficult to sustain yourself on alone.

-Changed the can of soup stock to provide a vegetable buff instead of protein, since there was already an overabundance of protein items, and since the label makes it ambiguous as to what kind of stock it actually is.

-Changed goldenrod tea to provide the same stamina boost as water.

-Changed (reduced) the hit point of feral zombies, as they were a tad silly.

-Changed the pickaxe recipe to use 3 iron ingots instead of 4 to better match the new visuals.

-Changed the sledgehammer to use 4 iron ingots instead of 3, as I've rebalanced the stats to make it a more effective tool/weapon under certain circumstances. It can essentially do massive damage to zombies and some structures (wood & concrete in particular) but at extremely high stamina cost, so it will only really be effective for the healthiest people, and won't be particularly helpful in a prolonged fight. Can't be beat for making a quick entry or dispatching a single zed though.

-Changed the craftable cloth hat so that it's better than the skull caps and baseball caps you find at a lower quality level (a good quality one should be superior to the found loot).

-Changed lockers to contain more loot overall, and to contain some automative loot (oil, etc.) given the overall rarity of cars in BTGB.

-Removed nests from grasslands, burnt forest, and wasteland biomes to further differentiate them and emphasize progression from one biome to the next. They should only be available in non-snowy forests now.

-Removed all animals from both the desert and snowy biomes to further emphasize progression and the "dead" vibe of those places. Also removed pigs from the plains biomes, leaving it to only rabbits, for the same reason.

-Removed the protein buff from eggs as it made it a little too easy to gain it with such a small item.

-Removed the dysentery debuff from goldenrod tea. In other words, the advantage to it now is that you won't get dysentery from it (unlike just boiled water), and it's perfectly safe to drink.

-Removed health loss for food poisoning.

Added a zombie attracting smell radius to fried and boiled eggs to make them a tad less portable.

-Changed (reduced) the chance of gaining food poisoning from eating raw eggs.

-Changed (rebalanced) food poisoning a bit to make it less severe, but longer duration. It should be totally survivable now, but still sucks pretty bad when it happens.

-Changed (reduced) the chance of getting food poisoning with moldy bread, and reduced the amount of hunger it satisfies, to make it more of a desperation food rather than a death sentence

-Changed (reduced) the chance of food poisoning on eating a spoiled sham sandwich, and the amount of hunger it satisfies.

-Changed giant bees a bit again to make them a little more dangerous.

-Changed (reduced) the rate at which iron fire axes, pickaxes, and sledgehammer consume durability at low quality levels, and increased it slightly at high quality levels, relative to the previous values (higher quality tools still consume less durability per swing than lower quality ones). Previously, low quality tools chewed through your metal reserve too quickly while high quality ones didn't retain the aspect of heavier
    tools/weapons consuming metal more quickly.

-Changed (reduced) the amount of durability the hunting knife and shovel lose per swing at low quality levels to balance relative to the above.

-Changed (increased) the amount of damage that the pickaxe does as a weapon. It is now on par in terms of damage dealt with the fireaxe, however, it consumes more stamina to use, and needs to be repaired more frequently, thus it is not a good weapon choice if you have both tool types available.

-Changed (increased) the effectiveness of pickaxes vs stone.

-Changed (increased) the effectiveness of the shovel and hoe as weapons. In a pinch, they're actually more effective than a spiked club. I've also increased their stamina usage to balance relative to the increased damage.

-Changed various aspects of spider zombies to make them more dangerous. They previously looked and felt very dangerous but attacked and went down like regular zombies which felt at odds with that. This should make encounters with them feel more interesting and "special".

-Changed snow and feral zombies to have a longer reach on their attacks, making them more dangerous as well, particularly if you engage them in melee combat.

-Changed (increased) the experience gain from killing spider, burnt, and feral zombies given their increased difficulty in the mod.

-Changed the way tools work in general so that it is outright impossible to damage some materials with certain tool types. Wood items (or your fist) can not damage stone or "hard" metal. Stone items can not damage hard metal objects. So, for example, you can no longer break into a safe or bust down a solid metal door with a stick or stone axe. I did this to further gate the overall progression, and so that players don't wind up beating on safes for hours with a stone axe to try and crack them. I've tried to make sure that flimsy metal objects like porch lights or mail boxes can still be destroyed with any tool, but this was a pretty extensive set of changes so I may have missed a few here and there. Please be sure to let me know about any tool vs block interactions that feel off as a result.

-Changed the tool system so that there's a differentiation between how tools behave on trees and other solid wood objects vs stuff made out of planks and such. This will be most noticeable with the sledgehammer where it's very effective at demolishing stuff made out of planks, but not so much with trees, and also gets rid of the whole ability to punch down trees

-Changed how concrete blocks are handled with regards to tools for similar reasons: sledgehammer is great vs concrete, but terrible vs stone.

-Changed hoes to have a quality level. There's nothing like a fine hoe forged with the steady hand of experience.

-Changed a whole bunch of minor stats about how all the tools in the game interact with various materials so that they're more reasonable overall. There are too many changes of this kind to list individually, but I decided to check them all over while I worked on the above items.

-Changed (reduced) the size of POIs in plains biomes as they were a tad too large.

-Changed (increased) the loot in fridges, stoves, and cardboard boxes a bit as they were a constant source is dissapointment.

-Changed the glass window mold recipe since you can't find whole windows laying about in BTGB.

-Removed the ability to use the auger blade (without an actual auger) as a weapon/tool. I didn't even realize you could do this until I saw the stats, and it represented an unfortunate way to bypass the progression.

-Removed the "Tazas Stone Axe" from possible loot as that thing is just silly and I have no desire to try and balance a one-off item like that.

• CotP Guardian

Just curious, was there a reason that we voted above?  Since this mod is not inline with the vote results?  LOL.

Cheers

Grim

Did the server settings get broke?  Logged on this morning to find i can't craft anything and can only 2 recycle options, repair not being one of them.

That's part of the new mod, you have to find books for everything. So when the apocalypse hit not everyone was a house builder or metal work so you must educate yourself to survive.  

Well we may have went a bit overboard with this. Since i have no plans i cant make anything and since the reloot is set at 21 days its gonna be near impossible to find any books. 

you should be able to make the basics, and we were able to last night, think Damis might have made an error last night trying to get wood planks back.

Well its broke now so until he gets a fix its pretty pointless to play.

Edited by Jakari

But your not gonna find any books with the loot respawn at 21 days. More or less the game is set at impossible level. 

<shakes head> Bakath it broke last night trying to change the wood plank thing.  The server support reset the world.  So it'll be fresh again.