News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Roll call

I know there is a few of us currently playing. If you are playing please post your in game game name so we can add each other to our friends list.

If you played it before and was like meh. I encourage you to give it a try again. I was on the fence when I first bought in but I am really liking where this game is going.

Lastly I you have been looking at it but just not sure. Feel free to post your questions here or look us up in mumble. This is a very niche old school game. If your looking for a mo seen through back with a very deep storyline that mixes original ultimas with some ultima online elements this might be a fit for you.

This game is still in pre-alpha so you might want to wait but if you want to help contribute to designing the game there is few games that takes the feedback of their communities more serious as these Devs.

• Upvote 1

Lifedragon,  I think its very friendly to casual players. Part of what is going to make it fun are the player based events. Inseril and I saw some of the the evidence of that this past Sunday. We were playing and saw a lot of the people in one of the guilds running around naked. I believe they were having a overland relay trying to go from one part of a continent to another while avoiding the wildlife on the way. There were bodies all along the path. Only hard part for a casual player right now I think are the player wipes that go on for most any alpha/beta. With the latest patch there is more of a learning curve but I think making skills use based will be for the better and is helping to flesh out the game. IF you get the chance my ingame name is Spryone DeRonin and I would love to try and help with any questions that I can.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
    • CotP Sentinel

I will definitely be playing this once it gets released.  For now I just don't want to play it too much and get burned out on a character that will be reset at launch. ;)

• Upvote 1

I will definitely be playing this once it gets released.  For now I just don't want to play it too much and get burned out on a character that will be reset at launch. ;)

You make an excellent point.  I generally play a lot when they do their monthly release to get the "Grand Tour" hat item and to test out new features.  The game is really coming along, the community is very active with player run events.  There is a very steep learning curb for players with the combat system and lack of hand holding in the game.

• Upvote 1

Trusin Talon

Also I love the questing... I had forgotten how engaging it was to actually talk to NPC's. If you learn about them you can even find unique quests or information you wouldn't otherwise know by bringing it up in a conversation. 

I spent like 4 hours the other night just getting to know NPC's lol.

Edited by Trusin

Trusin Talon

Also I love the questing... I had forgotten how engaging it was to actually talk to NPC's. If you learn about them you can even find unique quests or information you wouldn't otherwise know by bringing it up in a conversation. 

I spent like 4 hours the other night just getting to know NPC's lol.

I will add you when I log on tonight.  I am Inseril Moonbow.  This is really just a fun old school game.  I would like to team up even if it is a small group of 2 or 3.  This is the first game I can say that I actually enjoy crafting in.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • CotP Guardian

Pirant Swiftfeet at your service, yipeeeeee!

Thank you Steam Chinese New Year sale!

Cheers

Grim

I am in game as Mekong Peacemaker. I did start a guild with my TSW friends as I didn't realize there was a CotP chapter in Shroud. But I would love to hang with you guys. I will add you all. :)

• 2 months later...

Greetings. I've just applied to CotP under the Tree of Savior chapter and was browsing around to find you guys play Shroud of the Avatar too. I'm already in a casual guild for SOTA named Moongate Travelers, and our town is named Rift's End. I would love to be involved with you guys and your town as well. I plan on building a heavy support healing character, and will be placing my Town deed in Rift's End. Perhaps if the spot comes available I could place a Row deed in your town for instant teleport access. I'll be playing more steadily after the final wipe on July 28.

Character name: Etheom

How is this game turning out? 

To be perfectly honest, I can see this game becoming great for community fun and sandbox fun, but anything seriously competitive doesn't seem plausible to me. The story is really cool, the role-playing depth is there, the sandbox freedom is there, but it lacks features that attract me still. Maybe they will surprise me in the coming year. Realistically my hope is the game will remain B2P after launch so I can explore the world and decorate my house, but I'll be playing other more competitive games too.

Edited by Etheom

I thought they were planning a B2P chapter style, like base game + expansions, but I could have misunderstood.

I am not particularly into the seriously competitive angle myself, so that doesn't hinder me aside from the fact that it may draw less people. Going to be giving it another try here. I'd really like to see if there is much room for collaborative effort as that is what I'd really like to find.

• Upvote 1

I thought they were planning a B2P chapter style

Yes I corrected my post to B2P. This is their original announcement. They did recently mention and nudge the idea of subscription, but nobody knows the details and everyone is speculating/hoping it will be an optional subscription that gives us store credit or something like that.

Indeed, the game is developing into a beautiful world and will be great to explore the hidden areas. However, I would be very surprised if they put the game in a position where it became my sole gaming interest as many MMO's of the past have.

Hey Everyone.  Real Life has been taking up way too much of my gaming time but I am back.  I am splitting time between a few games but if you need an invite to the guild send me let me know.

My name in game is Inseril Moonbow.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...